Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact/Where to Find Us
Terri Budek, Associate Director
Julie Smith, Administrative Assistant
Michael Venturiello, Student Programming Coordinator
Aisha Abdelmula, Graduate Assistant
Alyssa Zaidel, Graduate Assistant
The Intercultural & Diversity Center (IDC) is committed to offering high quality programs, events and activities that celebrate UB's diversity and educate our community on topics such as appreciating our commonalities and differences, the role identity plays in our lives and how to be an advocate. The IDC's mission is to support all students in their personal development, create a sense of belonging, celebrate diversity, and discuss issues that broaden a student's perspective.
This will be accomplished by:
- Offering students various opportunities to engage in dialogue to develop a respect and appreciation for the different identities, backgrounds and cultures of UB students, staff and faculty.
- Promoting an educational environment for students to gain leadership skills and build relationships with faculty, staff, students and community members.
- Celebrating and promoting an environment of personal and academic growth for all students and specific mentoring programs for underrepresented students to gain experience, support and guidance for a successful college experience.
- Collaborating among the IDC and other departments, students and student organizations on campus to enhance educational benefits for students.
We plan, design and implement programs to celebrate difference and commonalities of individuals who attend the University at Buffalo. Come and celebrate our diverse population at these programs:
- ALANA Celebration of Achievement
- Dessert Hours
- International Coffeehouse
- Lavender Ceremony
- World Bazaars
The University at Buffalo is home to students from over 101 countries, representing a diversity of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, values and perspectives just to name a few. The University at Buffalo's greatest asset is its diverse student population. Come and learn about our diverse campus through these programs:
- Dessert Hours
- Diversity Institute
- Global Competency Series
- IDC Film Series
- International Leadership Retreat (ILR)
- Theme Months
- LEAD (Leadership, Engagement, Advocacy & Diversity) UB Conference
The University at Buffalo and surrounding WNY community is very diverse. Join us and learn about the social issues within our community and how you can develop your skills set to act as a community advocate to address some of these issues. Our advocacy partners are organizations who value diversity and fight against social injustice and look for community advocates.
- Diversity Advocates
- Advocacy in the Community Workshops
- Advocacy Partners